what is pain...
what is hurt...
what is lost...
what is helpless...
what is despair...
...
...
...
...
...
sometimes it is difficult not to think of the pessimistic side of life. Humans are such a weird being. there will always be times when humans just like to think a lot. Thinking of all the bad and pessimistic stuffs in life. Even though it might not have happened, even though it might not have happened on you but humans are just like to think of them when it happens on them. It is not difficult to think of pessimistic and things that will worry you but what's the point of doing that? aren't you finding trouble yourself? You may think so. I do think so sometimes... but I am still a human... thus, this is unavoidable. Probably... emotions or so called feelings are just something we can't leave it whenever or wherever we want.
Feelings are the most important thing of human being. Feeling is the vital element in bringing out the message of a song/work.
How can anything be played without having any emotion? I doubt every composer compose without any prior feeling/emotion. I do believe every single piece/work/song contains the message of the composer that he/she wanted to convey at the point of composing. Be it happy, sad or whatsover. Every single work has its meaning. It is how the listener or the performer wants to bring it out. Some works/songs/pieces are so good that they are already filled with emotions just by playing it out alone without any additional expression by the performer. Isn't Music in its most basic form owns the power to touch people's heart? Musical Expressions by performers are additional thing that allow listeners to focus more on the emotions of the specific parts. When both are combined, music evolves into a life story. A story that tells everyone all the emotions, feelings of this world.
music is not all about technicalities. music is not all about notes. music is not all about dynamics and expressions. music is not all about getting everything correct. music is not about saying you love music and that's it. music is not about being better than others. music is not about going through it over and over again. music is not about memorizing by heart. music is not about learning by force. music is not about learning for others. music is not about showing off. music is not about fame and own gains.
music is all about love.
the love to feel all the different emotions of this world. the love to appreciate the music. the love to understand music. the love to play and convey message of the music. the love for music.
music is just that simple.
Playing a lifeless music is an easy task. Playing a music that contains life depends the heart, mind and soul.
music of life, love, heart, mind and soul will be the ultimate aim of my music playing.
I will probably not be a professional musician in the near future but I am sure I will stick to what I am aiming even if I am to play music as a beginner or an amateur.
I am amused by what I have written and what I have learnt just by listening a 4 movements symphony. I guess learning and understanding take up in every single form and probably this is my form. My form of understanding music, slightly deeper than what I have thought music is. From the start till the end. Emotions is what I have felt throughout.
Tchaikovsky's Symphony no.6 - Pathetique
a piece I will definitely remember forever.
---
fredy's thoughts:
create is the power of music.
"understand" is the hardest word to understand.
the only thing I can do for you is to be here for you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment