wasn't really in a good mood today. I really wasn't..
It was a sad and down feeling... I am not sure of the reason..
I took my time very slowly today. VERY VERY SLOWLY. SLOWER THAN NORMAL. Usually I love to do things quick and finish everything well but today I just didn't have the mood for anything.
I went to teach again today, for the last time with that school. Today, something really irked me... the slowness in doing stuffs. I wasn't sure what was it that make things that I have instructed to be done at such a SLOW RATE but I really can't stand things being done so slowly. So far none of my schools are at that SPEED. A simple instructions need to take 5 mins to be done. I wasn't shouting today, I didn't have the mood to. I didn't want to.
I was requested to change the skin for their snare drum. So I asked them to do certain exercise while I was changing the snare drum skin. I was looking at them while changing the drum head. I tuned it to the tightness of a good sounding symphonic snare BUT I realized they were going to use it for drumset! .... I was so furious when I knew that. Drumset snare is supposed to sound slightly looser than symphonic snare. I was rather mad at that point of time when I saw the guy put it and use it as drumset snare. I was not told that it was going to use for drumset. I thought they already have a drumset snare. probably my fault too that I never asked properly. I wasn't at the mood of scolding so I just told him he should have told me earlier. So I wasn't sure what makes me felt that unhappy, I decided to tune the rest of their snares too (2 more) and continue to focus on them the same way. After I have finished tuning, I told them this is what a better snare should sound. While I was telling them that, they talked... I never scold and I just continued.
I moved on to the piece they were working on during full band. I asked them to get the score and get ready. from the moment I said that... I waited for like 20 mins for them to settle and find scores and talk and alot of other things. It would be more than 20 mins if I didn't asked them to just stand in front of the instruments with their scores. I really had enough. I had even played things on xylophone and stuffs and they were not ready. I just couldn't stand it anymore, I sat on the conductor podium and wait and stared at them. Stared and stared...
Finally, I couldn't stand it anymore. I decided to start and go through the piece. It was dreadful but I continued. I was singing the parts and telling them where to come in. I ended the lesson with.. "please look at your score next time." then I left them.
I basically showed black face and attitude all the way today. I really not in good mood.
After walked out with Stanley and Aaron (tuba) and went home after that.
I was so tired after that, that I slept from 7 till 10 plus. Really tired and not in the mood.
no picture today
--
fredy's thought
Pictures are no longer colourful, smiles are no longer truthful, when darkness stays and never leaves...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment