Thursday, August 27, 2009

Some good and nice information........

for everyone.



I would like to talk abou CHEESECAKE today.



Yesh, Cheesecake! Why? Cheesecake is special...



Now, I think I am quite fortunate and lucky that I hardly eat cheesecake. Come to think of it, whenever I would like to eat cheesecake outside, it will be sold out (cause I would only want to eat blueberry cheesecake and it is always SOLD OUT fast!). Another reason is I don't like cheesecake.



It is so weird that whenever I would like to order blueberry cheesecake, always sold out. Those who went out with me will definitely know and I will always end up with Blueberry Muffin. I never had a chance to eat Blueberry Cheesecake... except for maybe once sometime this year..



--

back to topic.



So does anyone know that Cheesecake is actually NOT HALAL food? You know why? hint: It doesn't have any lard or pork ingredients inside...
...

...

...

Answer is.. Cheesecake contains alcohol.. yes alcohol!



Those commercial or conventional cheesecake you eat outside whether in cafes/restaurants all have alcohol content. It depends on which type of cheesecake you are ordering.

Blueberry for example. Alcohol is used to preserved the fruits (blueberry in this context) that is going to be spread on the cheesecake.



That spread of blueberry already contain alcohol... can see from the picture. Of course there are some blueberry cheesecake that does not use that instead they use fresh blueberry which is alcohol free!!

hmmm so that means you can eat already since it is alcohol free?? NO!

you are wrong!

you see creamy part? and the cookie part? yesh. Those 2 parts are added with some content of alcohol to make everything better in taste and texture. Alcohol is added in the creamy part to increase the taste and texture. While the cookie part, it is dip inside the alcohol to further harden it and make all the crush to stay together. Those that you do it at home, you will find that those cookies at the bottom tend to break or crush easily not as fine and hard as those conventional or commercial cheesecake.

If you ever made cheesecake you should be able to know that your home made cheesecake has more fresh smell, and less cheese and nice sweet - sour smell as the conventional cheesecake. The difference is vanilla oil is used in home made recipe while alcohol is used in conventional or commercial cheesecake.

You must be thinking Alcohol will definitely be cook out/evaporate from cheesecake but you think carefully. Cheesecake is never baked or cooked, it is served cold. So you should know why the alcohol content will stay.

There are types of cheesecake which are baked but it won't have those creamy cheese part.

So all the alcohol level depends on the wine/liquor put in. Tiramisu alcohol content is HIGH!! VERY HIGH! So becareful!

--

So cheesecake lesson for today.

--

fredy's thought:
Why does everything has its expiry date, there isn't anything that is forever. Not even you and me...

No comments: