Sunday, August 2, 2009

Sunday and I...

Reached MSHS at around 1145.

Movers are there to move the percussion instruments already. All the percussion instruments were nicely wrapped and brought up the lorry. I went to band room and asked everyone in the band room to help to bring up the stands to the porch. The movers would pack them and send them there. That also helped to save time to move things.

Everyone wore the white polo with blue jeans. Really look good. I mean I don't know why but I just felt finally, I have done my job..I have nothing else to be worried anymore. Wai Yip was handling everything very well. That was something I have expected the very day I nominated him. Really, Wai Yip can do a very very good job. I know that and he showed me his ability in doing the band well. Last minute checked before we leave for paragon, everything was taken and not left behind

1230 and all of us boarded the bus to the paragon. I took alot alot of photos on the bus. Every single member on the bus. It was something, I could do at the very least now. Just taking photos and smile all I can.

Soon, we reached at the Paragon and set up all the chairs and wait for the instruments to arrive. Have some problems with the lay out of percussion but never mind it was solved with me not insisting on the lay out that I want. Although I wasn't at all happy with the arrangement because percussion were all too wide apart and drumset was way too far from the other side of the band. Probably to cut down anymore unnecessary things like misunderstanding or unhappiness, I chose to give up on my persistence. Not that I am wrong, not that I am unhappy. I am just basically find that I need a rest from everything...

Stanley started to tune the band and we started our 1st sound check without the mic and it sounded terrible cause all we hear was brass. So we added in a mic even though the sound engineer said it was inappropriate. We did some adjustments and now it was not that bad already. We could hear more woodwinds then..

Sound check till about 220 then Lin Sheng said he reached already. So we had another sound check with him around. He adjusted the mic and everything gets better. about 245, we released everyone for a short break. During that short break, Lin sheng asked me to go over and meet a guy from China. So we have a talk, then at this point of time, I saw something. Something that I do not wish to see. Back to the 3 of us, Lin Sheng went to toilet and left me with that China guy. Then we had a short chat. He told me about the chances of having us to work with them for performances. I listened and of course was thinking the chances will be high if all our expenses are paid for. He actually mentioned that after I thought about it in my mind. So Lin Sheng came back and I found a way to get out of that chat, and prepare for the performance. Soon it is 255. I called back everyone. So we were going to start our very first performance for Paragon. Ben Yap was the Emcee of the day, after his great opening. We started off with Japanese Graffitti 12. It was just a start of a series of mistakes and screw ups. It was really scary to hear so many mistakes from this Alumni band. The first performance was just a screwed up with nobody following and looking at Lin Sheng. It was something we all knew we should do but with Drumset so far away, our side of band was not be able to get the basic beats. While playing, we saw SO MANY people taking cameras and video cam and shot what we played. I was very very scared about having all these videos... it shows how bad we are but no choice.... we really screwed up.

1st performance ended and I somehow told the band to LOOK AT Lin Sheng the next round. The next round was much better when, Lin Sheng asked everyone to squeeze together cause the Sun was shining directly on him and the woodwinds. It was better somehow when everyone got to hear each other more. I changed part with Garrett on the spot and I even rest for 2 pieces and I walked around to take pictures of the band.


See all the focus on everyone's face. It was a hot day but everyone was still focusing at their music.

Garrett and I switched back and apparently he and Jia Wei swapped too! So basically sight reading everything. haha. So we managed to scrape through 2nd performance with a much tighter sounds and focus on Lin Sheng. It was much better than the 1st performance. So after the 2nd performance. The movers came and I kept all my sticks. Wai Yip and I asked everyone to take group photo and section photos. Wai Yip and his nice camera have done a very good job in taking everyone's expression in a very high quality format.

So while movers were packing and moving stuffs, some of us went to buy ice creams and Pee Wee treated his whole section! omg. I also want! I asked our Percussion SL but he said, I was the ex president. zzz. So of course I bought myself. I passed the money to Jun Xiang and asked him to help me buy.

We have quite a bit of chat while waiting for everyone to pack and clear stuffs. So we boarded the bus at around 540 to go back to MSHS. Again, I took pictures of everyone on the bus. Reached the band room and a few of us waited for the percussion to arrive back to the band room. It was a very long wait.

We went to eat in Plaza Singapura BK after that. Chatted quite a while and everyone decided to go to arcade again. We were astonished by how some people can play the cube thingy till such a pro standard. Maybe they just spent hours of their time in the arcade. The arcade we went wasn't as fun and have as many games as others but I guess it was ok. All of us joined in and played the DAYTONA. haha. It was really funny to know how I got 3rd in the end. haha.. Anyway, I was 3rd at first too! haha. So it is just end up with the same position as the beginning.

We went home about 9+ that day. It wasn't a very long stay in the arcade. Everyone needs to go to school the next day.

---
fredy's thought:
From the day I am the nobody, the break of dawn is something I have been waiting...

No comments: