Today's Alumni practice was very scary!
yesh! there was combined Woodwinds and brass sectional with Lin Sheng and Adrian Chiang respectively.
before it starts , those woodwinds people were already prepared and ready to get "skin". haha. yesh. I meant it!
Brass Sectionals was in the band room. They seemed to be able to LIVE well under Mr Chiang. haha. yesh.. Seemed, I don't know the situation but should be "living" fine since nobody looks "Injured" by Mr Chiang. haha.
Woodwinds sectional on the other hand was "BLOODY". I followed the woodwind as instructed because I need to mark down whatever Lin Sheng said during sectional for Mr Chiang and of course those who never come for pract.
Lin Sheng started with March. Ran through once. then Lin Sheng couldn't take it then started to tune.. HOHOHO... we took like almost 30 mins just to tune some woodwinds and of course some fine tuning again along the way. I think total took almost 45 mins to 1 hour ba.. if it was just based on tuning.
After the tuning, things get better. yesh. I mean BETTER.. really BETTER! The whole march was like so kong bu. Like what Douglas has said, the most not tiring song becomes the most tiring song. Ran through that songs for like 4-5 times.. From moderately slow to original speed. Very scary, then every single time there were alot of things being pointed out. Expression, dynamics were all strictly followed. VERY kong bu. I started to realize I actually enjoy the session alot. haha. Up till now I am not sure why BUT I enjoyed the session. There was a moment where I heard the best sound that our woodwind could give at this time. Very nice. Seriously, first time since we started on this piece, I heard a very nice woodwind section sound. Although still not good but already the best I have heard.
I am really wondering what kind of "aura" lin sheng has. I seriously, don't know. Everyone just played better and more focus. I seriously wondering what is that "aura" of his. I like how the woodwind sounds today, his expression on the song is slightly different from Mr Chiang. Not sure how he did it but the way he balance the woodwind section was nice. It was seriously one of the session that I enjoyed myself, as a "viewer" too.
Then Lin Sheng moved on to hymn after 1 hour plus plus. This song was even worst. He asked for more things. part [C], saxophone, flutes part. Saxophone was pin pointed like mad. Very scary. The "normal" way was used to "cure" this ailment. Saxophone and Flute did together. From noisy and messy to somewhat together, it took very long but worth it I guess. Lower woodwinds were "shot" with torpedoes, atomic bomb or whatsoever in [F]. All of them were to ask to play one by one. scary (T.T). Continued and skipped some parts till [L]. This was the major problem. haha. Totally couldn't pass this part. flutes, oboe, saxophone... trying very hard, the lower woodwinds too. It was very difficult for Saxophones.. yah.. So they were asked to practice more. Then Lin Sheng told them to practice and majority of them told him, they have practiced and some even practiced a lot of times. hoho... Lin Sheng said he thought some of them were sight reading cause it was so badly done. (-_-), everyone laughed and somehow all tio suaned by Lin Sheng later on. Very scary la.......................... Lin Sheng didn't manage to finish the song then we went back for Full Band le.
Such a scary sectional, in today's sectional only Hao Siang was not said, the rest all suaned by lin sheng. hoho... All I could say is VERY SCARY!
Full band was better today since the band since to know how to control already. At least I heard some contrast which I didn't manage to during past practices. not bad ba... at least I know this way is working fine. ^^
---
fredy's thought:
Found back my passion, my love, my interest in music. Need a various of things to destroy those but only need a moment to bring everything back. I found that moment.
---
Realized, let it be and everything stays the same.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment