It is quite weird how people thinks. Everyone has their own perspectives. I can insist on something but it won't work if everyone doesn't work hard on their own things.
fredy thinks there a lot of kinds of people in this world. fredy thinks everyone can think it is fredy's fantasy or whatsoever but if each and everyone goes and think carefully. I seriously don't think it is what so called "fredy's fantasy". I don't see anything unplayable in the piece. It is about whether one want to work for it or not. There are some that will work and do some necessary measures that make sure they can play certain stuffs BUT there are some people (most probably I guess I will only aim one) who only knows how to say no even before the start of practicing. Seriously, I guess the song I chose is already simpler than songs chosen by Lin Sheng.
MUSASHI - something that I myself think we can't make it but Lin Sheng says can try. I get it for him and tried. Then everyone says it is my idea. Please I guess everyone thinks I don't know anything about our band standard is it? Or I should say I am so ignorant about our playing. I certainly knows how bad we sound. No need you to remind me or even say. There are alot of pieces Lin Sheng said want to try but I have said all to be very difficult and somehow rejected him. I am the one who brought down all the scores Lin Sheng suggested and of course I don't blame anyone to think that I am the one choosing it BUT seriously when I said I AM NOT THE ONE WHO CHOSE THAT MEANS I AM NOT THE ONE WHO CHOSE THAT.
I know how much we can go and I know how much I can push. A band that always depend on a few sections won't be successful, that's what lin sheng taught me. He said a point that I agree a lot alot. Our band woodwinds are not bad but our brass are always that weak and bad. We will need to choose pieces that build up and train up the brass section. I totally agree with him. Our brass just not good and we should train up on them.
When I get something that help to train up the brass section, there are some that treat that as a challenge and will try to learn and perfect it BUT there will be people like zhen cheng who will keep saying he dislikes these kinds of running and eupho/brass are not made to play runs (I seriously hate to hear this, if the instruments are not to play runs, why are the composers write runs for the specific instruments?). Of course, Zhen Cheng will just say only and still go and practice it with Ben Yap. Although it is difficult but I don't see a reason of giving up. Who can actually perfect a song in 3rd time playing? I doubt anyone can actually do it (don't give me the rubbish that a professional can. 3rd time playing a piece, the professional probably can get the dynamics and notes correct BUT I highly doubt the possibilities of getting EVERY SINGLE RUNNING NOTES correct and timing correct at the 3rd time). I seriously don't see any problem in that piece. You yourself said another band that has played this barely make it but you can't compare right? moreover if I never ask the publisher to bring in that score for me then somebody saw it and borrow from me, you think you can play that song with the other band? I don't think so.
I am not sure whether is the culture different or whatsoever but if we don't playy slightly more challenging pieces, will there even be improvement? I highly doubt so.. can't always play same grading songs or same difficulty songs THE WHOLE LIFE right?Then there wun even be any improvement. I just can't possibly choose " a food " that has minimal nutrition level all the way. If you can survive on that, good for you but I can't cause I would like to see improvement. If we aim not to improve then no point to come down every single week to spend our time practicing songs.
If you have gone and think carefully. Since the starting, from simple things like folklore for band to vesuvius, to jericho all the way to invictus, then cappadocia then aerodyamics.. then up till now. I guess you can see the standard difference and of course the difficulty level in the pieces. If you still don't see it, then I seriously don't know whether you have been with us all along or even do you even put in effort to play with us. You don't seem to understand and to notice that we have started to grow and improve in standard. You can say whatever you want. Band's perspective or whatsoever. You can aim me. I don't care but just don't think and try to affect others just because you alone think we can't make it just because we don't sound good at 3rd or 4th practice. If you are gauging based on that then I urge you to practice your own parts first cause apparently, after so many practs on certain songs your part still not completely perfect or I should say at MINIMAL mistake level. You can say I myself also haven't perfected my part and why I can't say so much. yesh, I haven't but as an in charge you think I can let the band off just like that? You wish to have a conductor to come down everyweek to say same thing? Then what is the exco doing? of course I will need to do my job and nag at the standard, you can treat me as bitching BUT when conductor actually aim at you. You will know how badly you have played.
Also if you think you are so good in choosing pieces, then I welcome you to choose whatever you think we can play and give Lin Sheng and Mr Chiang to QC. If you can even pass their QC, please come and tell me.
I am not sure whether anyone has actually disliked what fredy has chosen for the band since 2005 but fredy does think every single repertoire that was chosen, fit the band's standard and was nice and impactful. If you have noticed that the pieces are getting harder, thank you very much, you are and you have improved that much since 2005 or the time you joined.
PS: I don't know what is your intention of telling people what we are playing and somemore allowing others to look down on us. I am not sure of your intention but I just don't understand, is there a need to trust them so much?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment